Re: libtool 2 and dsohowto's comments?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: libtool 2 and dsohowto's comments?
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 15:09:36 +0100

Hi Peter,

* Peter O'Gorman wrote on Sat, Jan 15, 2005 at 01:40:54PM CET:
> Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> >
> >But current Libtool does use -version-script on linux if ld supports
> >it..
>
> I just noticed this check in libtool.m4 while looking for something else. I
> think that it should also be used for ELF based *bsd when using GNU ld,
> shouldn't it?

I guess so.  Can you be bothered to hack up a patch?
What about other systems with GNU ld?

> Sorry for awakening a really old thread :)

No problem.  I still wished for a stable way to index old messages
better, though.  lists.gnu.org's indexing has changed before, its
URLs can't be inferred by Message-ID alone (I'd really like that!),
on the other hand I'd consistently work with a bug-tracking system
only if it is possible to work by mail alone.

Cheers,
Ralf