Trying to run 2.1a test suite

From: Jeff Squyres
Subject: Trying to run 2.1a test suite
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:12:43 -0500

I'm working on the Portland Group compilers patch for both the libtool CVS HEAD and the 1-5 branch (both are attached), and as suggested, am trying to run the "make check" test suite against the CVS HEAD (it passes on the 1-5 branch).

However, "make check" does not appear to be running properly at the head (or, more specifically, I can't get it to run right). I've attached the testsuite.log.pgi and testsuite.log.gnu file to show what I mean (trying to use both the Portland and GNU compilers, respectively). It seems like some paths are incorrect, and it can't find some subdirectories.

Here's the script that I'm using to run the tests:

-----
rm -rf autoconf-2.59 libtool-1.5.8 automake-1.9.3 /tmp/bogus

tar zxf autoconf-2.59.tar.gz
cd autoconf-2.59
./configure --prefix=/tmp/bogus
make all install
cd ..

export PATH=/tmp/bogus/bin:$PATH

tar zxf automake-1.9.3.tar.gz
cd automake-1.9.3
./configure --prefix=/tmp/bogus
make all install
cd ..

tar zxf libtool-1.5.8.tar.gz
cd libtool-1.5.8
./configure --prefix=/tmp/bogus
make all install
cd ..

rm -rf libtool
cvs -z3 -d :ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/libtool co libtool
cd libtool
# This patch is my pgi work; a patch to m4/libtool.m4
patch -p0 < ../lt-head-pgi.patch
cp m4/*m4 /tmp/bogus/share/aclocal
./bootstrap
./configure CC=pgcc CXX=pgCC F77=pgf77 --prefix=/tmp/bogus
make all install
make check
------

Attached files:

- lt-1-5-pgi.patch: patch for the 1-5 branch to include support for the Portland compilers - lt-head-pgi.patch: patch for the CVS HEAD to include support for the Portland compilers - testsuite.log.pgi: testsuite.log from the CVS HEAD's "make check" using the Portland compilers - testsuite.log.gnu: testsuite.log from the CVS HEAD's "make check" using the GNU compilers

Both testsuite logs show the same kinds of failures.

Am I doing something wrong?  (similar behavior occurs with gcc/g++/g77)

--
{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} address@hidden