Re: library dependencies

From: Braden McDaniel
Subject: Re: library dependencies
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 17:21:03 -0500

Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
I'm maintaining a package with liba and libb. liba can be used standalone,
libb uses liba. tools also in this package are compiled and linked fine.

I'm reviewing the pkg-config files, and decided it might be best to have
two of them: liba.pc and libb.pc. But here is what I don't know:
should libb.pc specify "-la -lb" because b uses a? or will simply "-lb"
work?

libb.pc should add -lb to Libs and it should specify that it depends on liba.pc by setting "Requires: liba". pkg-config will do the rest.

Braden