libtool interpreting archive files

From: Tyler Retzlaff
Subject: libtool interpreting archive files
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 00:06:04 +1000

I'm experiencing libtool interpreting non-libtool archives as libtool
archives during linking.  I'm not sure what brings this behavior on
perhaps someone can lend some insight.  I'm doing the following.

libtool --mode=link c++ -L/usr/X11R6/lib -o libmyprog.lo myutil.lo -lXft
grep: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXft.la: No such file or directory
sed: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXft.la: No such file or directory
libtool: link: `/usr/X11R6/lib/libXft.la' is not a valid libtool archive

Obviously it should be trying to link w/ libXft.a not (la).  Is there
something in my environment that could be causing this to occur?

Thanks

--

Tyler R. Retzlaff <address@hidden> http://www.NetBSD.org