Silly things

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Silly things
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 08:47:35 -0700

Hi,

After reading your email, I looked up conditionals,
saw the "endif" and then pasted from your email anyway.
Thank you.  There is still the weirdness WRT libtoolize.
Do you have a hint for that, too?  It seems that if
I do a normal bootstrap sequence:

  libtoolize --force
  aclocal -I cfg
  autoheader
  automake --gnu --add-missing
  autoconf

(Whew!) the bootstrap fails.  But, if after libtoolize
I add this:

  mv -f config.guess config.sub ltmain.sh cfg/.

then all is well (aside from queasiness in my stomach ;).
Is it supposed to work this way?  Is it an incompatible
version issue?  (I'm using the current published non-alpha
releases.)  Thanks again - Bruce