Re: Libtool misfeature on HP-UX

From: Schleicher Ralph (LLI)
Subject: Re: Libtool misfeature on HP-UX
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 08:07:49 +0200

"Boehne, Robert" <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Robert,

> I would expect Libtool to translate "libfoo.la" to "libfoo.${ext}"
> and to translate -lfoo into -lfoo, perhaps you should put "-lfoo"
> in _LDFLAGS instead of libfoo.la.

But "-lfoo" is not sufficient when linking against a non-installed
library (see my example).  You have to add "-L.libs -L_libs -L. -lfoo"
to _LDFLAGS instead of libfoo.la.  That's a step back in time before
Libtool exists.

Please read my original message again.  I do not want to change the link
command.  I proposed to run "chatr -l INSTALLDIR/libfoo.sl libbar.sl"
for each shared library (e.g., libfoo.sl) libbar.sl depends on and whos
name at link time is specified as a file name and not via -l option.

Best regards,

--
Ralph