Re: shared library linking on Darwin

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: shared library linking on Darwin
Date: 22 Apr 2001 10:40:06 +1000

"Gary V. Vaughan" <address@hidden> writes:

> Have either of you had any success with my workaround?
>
>    make ECHO="/bin/sh  `pwd`/libtool --fallback-echo"
>
> Or something equivalent...

Not quite sure I understand.  Should that be ECHO=/bin/echo on the
configure command?  Doesn't seem to help on an i386 debian setup.  I
think it's purely a function of backslash interpretation by zsh in
that zany eval making the libtool script.

If you add a dummy `true` bit of backquoting into archive_cmds and
symlink /bin/sh -> zsh I think you can see the problem on any system,
I can on debian.

No idea what to do about it though.  I couldn't spot an alternate
shell on the darwin I was playing with.  More sed to compensate for
the apparent backslash translation might work, but probably be quite
horrible.