Statically link against helper libs?

From: Braden McDaniel
Subject: Statically link against helper libs?
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 20:09:10 -0500 (EST)

Is it possible to statically link against a helper library? The output of
the process needs to be a shared library, so configuring with
AM_DISABLE_SHARED isn't the answer. And I don't want to just include the
objects in the helper lib in the shared lib, as I don't need (or want) the
symbols in the helper lib to be external in the shared library. I realize
I could use a file specifically listing which symbols should be exported,
but that would be tedious to maintain so I'm hoping for a simpler
solution.

--
Braden McDaniel                 It is hard to know if nothing is /
http://endoframe.com            actually nothing