Re: Multi-lingual libtool and Sun Workshop 5

From: Art Pope
Subject: Re: Multi-lingual libtool and Sun Workshop 5
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 13:47:29 -0400

> I am seeing some strange problems when compiling *some* C++ programs
> using the C++ compiler from Sun Workshop 5.  I have six or eight
> simple one-source-file programs built in a given directory, and all
> compile/link except for one.  The linker fails with an error like...

Could be caused by building all programs in the same directory. Sun C++ is
using the same template repository for each and, unless the repository is
cleaned out between programs, it will become confused as to what template
instantiations go with a program.

> Has anyone seen this before?  Is there a fix or workaround?

Place them in separate directories, or clean out the template repository
between builds. See Sun's CCadmin(1) man page.

Arthur Pope, Ph.D.                    voice: (609) 734-2450
Sarnoff Corporation                   fax: (609) 734-2662
CN 5300, Princeton, NJ 08543-5300     email: address@hidden