libreplanet-us-wa

Re: [Libreplanet-us-wa] Thx for a great meetup.

From: Jon Erlichman
Subject: Re: [Libreplanet-us-wa] Thx for a great meetup.
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 05:54:11 -0800

I'm not sure how hackathons could possibly be for users. I'd like to hear this explanation. I've been trying to get activists to come to this meetup for a while and all I keep hearing is, "oh but I'm not technical." I tell them it's an activist meetup--I would hate to try bringing in serious activists only to drive them away with any kind of coding, etc.

I agree on the FSF campaigns part wholeheartedly, although we could do whatever other campaigns we wanted as well. Let's start with the FSF ones. For January, why don't we set some goals, like maybe for an agenda and whatever else we can think of. I'm not sure if AJ wants to manage this or what but there's only one way to move forward and that's to be more organized and to do activism some sort.

One thing I was interested in, which I still am, is pressuring Metro to release the Trip Planner app as free software. Just wanted to put that out there. Also, I am still in the planning phase but intend to start an organization and software platform for managing donations to leftist organizations (called ActRed) if anyone is interested. I want to form a solidarity network on the left immersed in technology and freedom.

~Jon