libreplanet-us-wa

[Libreplanet-us-wa] Document Freedom Day is Wed, March 25th

From: Lee Fisher
Subject: [Libreplanet-us-wa] Document Freedom Day is Wed, March 25th
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 14:26:42 -0700

On 03/16/2015 09:47 PM, Jon Erlichman wrote:
>> The monthly have, as long as I've been around, been social
>> meetups to eat, drink, and talk about free software with other
>> free software hackers and activists. Conversations have focused
>> on both technology and activism.
>>
>> Sometimes, this group also organizes other kinds of events like
>> protests or activism events where we pass out information about
>> free software or DRM, for example.
>>
>> I don't think people would be opposed to other kinds of events
>> like screenings or such but it would require someone organizing
>> them and then arranging an appropriate space.

Speaking of doing something more...

Document Freedom Day is coming up, *WEDNESDAY MARCH 25th*.

https://documentfreedom.org/

DFD is like Hardware Freedom Day, or Software Freedom Day, or Day
Against DRM, but it focuses on OASIS Open Document Format (ODF), the
format used by Apache OpenOffice, LibreOffice, and many other tools.

I am getting some DFD posters, stickers, brochures sent to me for
Seattle-area. I am not sure if they will show up on time. If so, would
someone like to do something for DFD? Maybe we should have a plan-B,
if the media is delayed to post-DFD date.

Thanks,
Lee

PS: At SeaGL.org this year, I expect there will be another LibreOffice
hackathon (LibreFest Seattle #2). Last year, Mako was kind enough to
host it, and I think the Seattle LO hackathon was larger than the
Boston LO hackaton. :-)