libreplanet-us-wa

Re: [Libreplanet-us-wa] May meeting?

From: Alex Jordan
Subject: Re: [Libreplanet-us-wa] May meeting?
Date: Sat, 3 May 2014 19:44:25 -0700

On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 7:16 PM, Blibbet <address@hidden> wrote:
> Ok, May event advertised to TA3M Seattle community.
>
> https://lists.openitp.org/pipermail/ta3m-seattle/2014-May/000018.html
>
> I hope fresh event details will reside somewhere at the end of this email
> thread, for any newcomers looking on the web archives for current event
> status.
>
> Maybe it'd be helpful to update the wiki with details for May? Currently
> says:
>
> ----snip----
> Next Meeting
>
> When? Contact the list about the next one; it varies a lot
I put this here, because it does. I didn't want anyone to show up,
expecting a meeting, and have no one there. (I was feeling inspired
when Aubrey didn't show up :P)

This should probably be changed if we start having regular meetings.
Or if someone is willing to make sure that the wiki has up-to-date
meeting times, that's fine, but it looks like no one feels like it
(when I changed that the wiki had last been updated for our November
meeting).

> What time does it start 5:30? I forget. Wiki might want to get updated for
> May.
The wiki said 5 pm before I changed it. I've added the time back in; I
didn't realize we lost that information.

> Are there any group photos anywhere so new people might be able to recognize
> some of the existing people at the restaurant?
Not that I know of. Ever since the first meeting I bring a laptop
because a. it will be obvious that it's us (especially cause of the
stickers) and b. laptops are useful. If I remember, I have a GNU
stuffed animal that I got at LFNW '13 that I'll bring too.

We should take one at the next meeting.

> Who is planning on going, for rough headcount, in case RSVP is needed?
> Alex, Aubrey, hopefully me. others?
I'm planning on going, yes.

> What is agenda?
> Perhaps a keysigning party?
> Post-DRM day wrap-up?
Are we organized enough for an agenda? If not, should we be? I don't know :)

In any case, both of these sound fun.