libreplanet-us-ma

[LibrePlanet-US-MA] Member greeting

From: George Roberge
Subject: [LibrePlanet-US-MA] Member greeting
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 13:04:50 -0600

Greetings, everyone.

I'm a relatively new member to the FSF (just this past March/April), but an old FOSS zealot. I've been using non-proprietary software for years now, and am an advocate of it as much as I am able.

This is just a brief "hello" to the group here in Massachusetts. I noticed that there was mention somewhere of UMass or Hampshire College, which is great: I'm just outside of Springfield, and am naturally much closer to Amherst than I am to Boston. I'm hoping at some point to make myself useful to the group and FSF community at some point. I'm also looking around for a good source of "FSF-type" information, since I'm not a TV watcher and don't read the newspapers, and honestly probably wouldn't have even heard anything about PRISM if it weren't for Identica and the DuckDuckGo site image. I know, I know: shame!

Anyhow, I'll check for meetings or events in the area, and keep plugging away for free software out here as I am able. I'm usually surprised at what I find in my immediate area, because, as much as I am not up on too many current events and the latest tech necessarily, I have yet to meet someone who knows any other OS than Windows, or an alternative to MP3 format or iTunes.

Take care!
George R.

-- Bugs come in through open Windows.
-- Free Software Foundation Member #11716