libreplanet-discuss

Re: [libreplanet-discuss] What manufacturer's model of computer out of t

From: Aaron Wolf
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] What manufacturer's model of computer out of the box is ready to go all setup with free software?
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 08:54:17 -0700

I would go with https://system76.com

They can be a little pricier, but besides being mostly (though not
FSF-approved level) of free software, they offer free lifetime support.

I learned this talking to an employee of theirs at a conference. So,
that novice with a System76 machine can contact them any time for help
with absolutely anything with the computer, not just stuff specific to
system76. They will help them with ANY concerns they have in using the
GNU/Linux system or anything else.

Otherwise, https://linuxpreloaded.com/ has a longer list of options to
at least get GNU/Linux to start with.