libreplanet-ca-on

[lp-ca-on] SFD Street Activism

From: Blaise Alleyne
Subject: [lp-ca-on] SFD Street Activism
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 22:32:51 -0400

Hey all,

We had a really good conversation about developing/running a street outreach
project for SFD this year.

Rather than trying to figure out how to get people into the room to deliver the
message of software freedom, we're thinking about going out to the street to
bring the message to them.

Singpolyma started a sketch on the wiki:
https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:LibrePlanet_Ontario/Software_Freedom_Day_2016

What I think we need immediately:
- edit the wiki to help shape talking points
- Are there examples of other street outreach projects that we could reference?
(Either what to do, or what not to do?)

I think this has a great potential to bring the message of software freedom to a
wider audience, though we'll need to experiment a lot on how to have effective
dialogue about software freedom with people!

Thoughts?

Blaise