libreplanet-ca-on

[lp-ca-on] Fwd: Software Freedom Day Toronto, Saturday 19 September 201

From: Bob Jonkman
Subject: [lp-ca-on] Fwd: Software Freedom Day Toronto, Saturday 19 September 2015
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 11:17:44 -0400

OK, I've spammed ^H^H^H informed the local community groups about SFD,
but we still need posters, flyers, &c. There are some sample posters
that we used in KW last year:

http://sobac.com/sfd/2014/

And there is the sample artwork provided by SFD themselves:

http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/Artwork
http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/Promote

Who volunteers to create and print some posters/flyers?  Who
volunteers to distribute them?

In addition to advertising we'll also need some directional signage
for the building lobby, hallways, &c. Needs another volunteer...

In the message I said we'd order out for lunch, for $5.00 per person.
I suggest we order from Panago Pizza, where most large pizzas are
under $20.00, which should be able to feed four people.

http://www.panago.com/menu/pizzas

We can "sell" veggie or meat tickets as people arrive so we know what
to order, put the order in at 11:00am for delivery at 12:15, just in
time for the end of the Lightning Talks. I will bring two flats (48
cans) of sugary, non-nutritional beverages. If there is a surplus of
funds they can be used to offset some of the printing and beverage
costs; if there is a deficit then we can fight about it amongst ourselve
s.

If the lunch arrangements are agreeable then I'd like to put that on
the Wiki page as well.

- --Bob.