libreplanet-br-sp

Spread the word: LibrePlanet 2020 conference, March 14-15, in Boston

From: Dana Morgenstein
Subject: Spread the word: LibrePlanet 2020 conference, March 14-15, in Boston
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2020 15:27:09 -0500

Hello friends!

I’m reaching out from the Free Software Foundation (FSF) to make sure your supporters and followers know about the upcoming LibrePlanet 2020 conference, which will be held on March 14-15, 2020 at the Back Bay Events Center in Boston. We hope you’ll spread the word, and I’ve included a brief blurb for you to share at the bottom of this message.

LibrePlanet is an excellent educational and networking opportunity for anyone interested in the intersection between technology and social justice. Attendance is free of charge for FSF members and for students, and registration is at https://my.fsf.org/civicrm/event/info?id=87&reset=1 (we don't require registration in advance, but it does help us with planning).

If you’re not familiar with the FSF, we are a Boston nonprofit organization and promote the use and advancement of ethical software. You can have a look at our Web site for more information: https://www.fsf.org.

LibrePlanet is our annual conference, and it brings together many software enthusiasts who believe that software should be ethical and free -- as in freedom -- right here in Boston. The conference will include over 40 sessions, workshops, and a global livestream. Thus far, we have confirmed Internet Archive founder Brewster Kahle as our first keynote speaker, and additional keynote announcements will follow, as well as news about opportunities for remote participation.

Kind regards,
Dana

Register today for the 2020 LibrePlanet conference, which will be held on March 14-15 at the Back Bay Events Center in Boston! LibrePlanet is an excellent educational and networking opportunity for anyone interested in the intersection between technology and social justice. Attendance is free of charge for FSF members and for students. This year’s conference theme is “Free the Future,” and the conference will include over 40 sessions, workshops, and a global livestream. Keynote speakers will include Internet Archive founder Brewster Kahle, with more announcements to come. See more information at https://libreplanet.org/2020/, and register at https://my.fsf.org/civicrm/event/info?id=87&reset=1.

--
Dana Morgenstein // Outreach & Communications Coordinator
Free Software Foundation