librefm-designers

Re: [Librefm-designers] Welcome to the developers list!

From: Brad Jensen
Subject: Re: [Librefm-designers] Welcome to the developers list!
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 17:16:53 -0500

I think it would be a lot nicer and easier if we had a wiki.  Mailing lists have always been quite an ugly way to communicate back and forth.  If we had a wiki, we could have simple separate sections for each page that we'll need to work on.  Everyone would be able to edit and collaborate on those page ideas in a very simple manner.

I don't believe I sent my last message to the correct email.. So here is what I basically said:

I really like how lastfm has an admin/status bar at the top of every page - with both a 'log in' and 'sign up' link.  There should be a bar like this on most of the libre pages.

Also, I think that the development/download pages should be presented in their own special sub directory, away from the libre users.

On the home page we should show a few stats using 3 or so columns (kind of like the 3 columns that are on the home page now) and then have a space above or below those columns for the 'band manager' info/links and some other information.  This would show people some of the things that we can do with data and we can use a little space to encourage them to sign up.
In the admin/status bar at the top -or- some links in the footer (like getsongbird has), we could have a link to the pages that are reserved for people who want to learn more about the software and who want to download the source code or help contribute.  It would be nice if there was also a news page and a roadmap page.