libredwg

[libredwg] Entities in Paperspace are appearing in Modelspace.

From: Dave Coventry
Subject: [libredwg] Entities in Paperspace are appearing in Modelspace.
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 15:55:02 +0200

For some reason, entities which shoud appear in Paperspace BLOCK areas
are in the ENTITIES area, which means that they are rendered in
Modelspace.

How do I find the value of the 330 DXF code of an entity?

The drawing has 3 Paperspace tabs in addition to Modelspace.

*Paper_Space1 and *Paper_Space2 both have entries in the BLOCKS
SECTION and the entities which belong to these spaces appear before
the ENDBLK in each block portion.

These entities display which Paperspace BLOCK_HEASER they belong to
using the structure
dwg.object[index]->tio.entity->ownerhandle->handleref.value;

So far so good.

However, *Paper_Space does not have a BLOCK entry in the BLOCKS
SECTION and they are simply listed in the ENTITIES SECTION, albeit
with a 330 DXF Code which references the *Paper_Space BLOCK_HEADER.
So dwg.object[index]->tio.entity->ownerhandle is zero and
dwg.object[index]->tio.entity->ownerhandle->handleref.value; is
inaccessible.

Hence these entities (which includes VIEWPORT entities) appear in
model space when they should appear in *Paper_Space.

If I examine the drawing converted to DXF, the 330 DXF code correctly
identifies the BLOCK_HEADER handle of the *Paper_Space block.

How do I extract the 330 code?

Many Thanks,

~Dave