libredwg

Re: [libredwg] testSVG error

From: Admin Email
Subject: Re: [libredwg] testSVG error
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 10:24:37 -0800

Hi!

I'm not much of a programmer, but I'm a Linux user and have been using AutoCAD for 15 years now (so I'm quite comfortable with it.)  Send me the drawing you have, as well as the sample, and I'll do a comparison to see what the hang up is.  If your office drawing was created with some architect "flavored" AutoCAD as opposed to "plain vanilla", it might have some special ARX/proxy objects.  I should be able to open it and tell, and then convert it back to an older version and see what happens.  This will also help narrow down where some proxy objects may have changed in newer releases, and give someone additional info to tweak testSVG.

If there are any other AutoCAD specific questions (i.e., how something works, looks, etc.) then please feel free to shoot me an email.  I work with CAD every day, so maybe I can help in this area.  I would love to see a fully functional, full powered, open CAD app!  So let me know how I can help!

Thanks,
Joshua