libredwg

Re: [libredwg] [bug #28858] Segfaults on DWG file

From: Wookey
Subject: Re: [libredwg] [bug #28858] Segfaults on DWG file
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 20:14:15 +0000

+++ Felipe Sanches [2010-02-15 15:53 -0200]:
> PS: Wookey, please consider subscribing to our libredwg mailling list.

OK, done. Not sure how much help I'll be, but I'm certainly interested.

> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 3:44 PM, Felipe Sanches <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>     hey! I have just got good output!
>     Look at the screenshot attached. Does it look like what we're looking for
> ?
>     :-D

Wahey. Well done that man. I'm impressed! Was that mostly taking
notice of the stroke widths?

>     I am also attaching the generated SVG file.

OK in inkscape 0.46, I still have the huge canvas and searching for
text didn't help, but I did eventually find an image. There is an
interesting selection of artifacts. Various items collected below the
main drawing on top of each other, and a lot of repeated text at tiny
scale and even smaller little tiny lines - not sure what they are all
from. I'll get out the paper plans and see which of these objects
shouldn't be visible. I also get most of the main plan drawing hidden
below a given zoom resolutions  - then one step bigger and it is
already much bigger than the screen. Not sure what is going on there -
it is as if there is a large white area overwriting the image.

Still, good progress.

Manually removing all the objects at -1,180,000 shrinks the image
somewhat. All those -1.18million co-ordinates mized in with other more
sensible number look suspicious. Some kind of scale/offset error seems
likely. Guess I should compare with the libreDWG log co-ordinate output.

How does the DWG co-ordinate model work? All absolute or lots of
relative chunks, or something more complex?

Wookey
--
Principal hats:  iEndian - Balloonboard - Toby Churchill - Emdebian
http://wookware.org/