libredwg

Re: [libredwg] [bug #28502] help

From: Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
Subject: Re: [libredwg] [bug #28502] help
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 16:03:44 -0200

I have been making progress today on the testing with 2004 version of
autocad. I recompiled my changes with the c compiler and they work.
Would like to check the code in somewhere.... should I start a github
branch?

You should commit your code changes to a local git branch, then generate a patch. In order to get it pushed to trunk, and if your patch is non-trivial (say, > 15 lines), we would like to know if you agree to sign the papers assigning the copyright to the FSF, like we did. When LibreDWG became a GNU package, we chose this option because, if the project ever gets sued by someone the FSF will respond juridically, not the developers.

By the way, I am just back from vacation and will analyze your stuff soon. Sorry I didn't do it yet. Thanks for all your contribution.

--
Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
PoliGNU - Grupo de Estudos de Software Livre da Poli/USP