libreboot-dev

Re: [Libreboot-dev] Docs: texinfo merging/cleanup

From: paukoen
Subject: Re: [Libreboot-dev] Docs: texinfo merging/cleanup
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2016 03:54:13 -0400

Hi Leah,

Thanks for your messages. tl;dr I am attaching a patch that I hope will
mostly fix these problems.

On Wed, Jun 01, 2016 at 04:09:44AM +0100, Leah Woods wrote:
> Thanks, I've merged the patch. When doing dvi related building, I get
> errors like this:
> - -:7296: warning: could not find @image file
> `../resources/images/t60_dev/0074.txt' nor alternate text

In order to build dvi and ps, images need to be in eps format according
to the texinfo docs. The script in this patch checks if eps images exist
and if not runs imagemagick convert to create them. However, the images
still don't appear in dvi even though there are no errors -- I will look
into this next.

On Wed, Jun 01, 2016 at 04:13:08AM +0100, Leah Woods wrote:
> I still get problems with images. The iages aren't embedded in the
> html pages.
> https://libreboot.org/manual/libreboot_html-by-node/MAC-address-_002d-T4
> 00.html#MAC-address-_002d-T400

It looks to me like images (and text resources) are in different places
in the git repository and on the server? The patch has an option to
build html for the website which adjusts paths for most resources. The
option is 'w' ('./build docs <html-type> w').

Here is a list of all the remaining files in different locations I could
find which this patch does not fix. If the patch works I could add
these.

git:           docs/resources/images/x200/*
libreboot.org: docs/hcl/images/x200/gpio33_location.jpg

git:           docs/resources/licenses/*
libreboot.org: docs/gfdl-1.3.txt

git:           docs/resources/text/*
libreboot.org: docs/hcl/text/kfsn4-dre/bootlog.txt
               docs/hcl/text/x200s/cblog00.txt
               docs/hcl/text/x200s/cblog01.txt
               docs/hcl/text/x200s/cblog02.txt
               docs/hcl/text/x200s/cblog03.txt

git:           docs/resources/dumps/*
libreboot.org:
docs/future/dumps/t500_x200_descriptor/descriptor_diff_t500_x200.txt
               docs/future/dumps/t500_x200_descriptor/gbe_diff_t500_x200.txt
               docs/future/dumps/t500log/
               docs/future/dumps/logs-t400-bios2.02-ec1.01/
               docs/hcl/hwdumps/x200/

> I think basically I need more dependencies installed. Can you tell me
> if I'm missing any? Look in
> resources/scripts/helpers/build/dependencies/trisquel7 (I recently
> added to it in latest libreboot.git) and those are dependencies that I
> use on top of a standard Trisquel installation. I basically just need
> to know what I need to addd there so that "./build docs all" works.

I needed 'texinfo texlive-base texlive-fonts-recommended
texlive-pictures'. There may be a smaller set of dependences because the
texlive packages are all are meta-packages. Imagemagick is now a
dependency too, but if the eps images were in the git repository it
wouldn't need to be.

All the best,
Paul