libreboot-dev

Re: [Libreboot-dev] C201 Chromebook (veyron_speedy) port and Chromium OS

From: Gammel Holte
Subject: Re: [Libreboot-dev] C201 Chromebook (veyron_speedy) port and Chromium OS security model
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 18:31:24 +0000

On Sat, Oct 31, 2015 at 11:37 AM, Paul Kocialkowski <address@hidden> wrote:
Le lundi 12 octobre 2015 à 01:55 +0100, Gammel Holte a écrit :
> Excellent! I'm really glad there's a port for the C201.

Glad to see such enthusiasm about it!

I think it's a very interesting machine. Possibly the only brand new almost free laptop.

> Libreboot aside, how far is it from being completely blob-less? It's
> only about finalising the (stalled) Lima driver for Mali?

Well, the current state of free software on the device is described at:
http://libreboot.org/docs/hcl/c201.html

Thanks. Yes, I had seen the docs after writing the email.

I am primarily interested in running GuixSD on this machine, but AFAIK GRUB2 is not yet ported to arm-coreboot?