libreboot-dev

[Libreboot-dev] What can be done in software against heating?

From: Sidd Glug
Subject: [Libreboot-dev] What can be done in software against heating?
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 16:18:42 +0000

I have an X60. It heats terribly for any task beyond common office
functionality. Even python apps heat it, even if the Task Manager shows
a low load on the CPU. I have changed the paste. And changing the fan
does not look like a solution given they are only used parts.

How can I make the system reduce the load? I am starting to lose files
because of hangups.

I am running Trisquel 7 which is updated with 3.18 libre kernel.

Cheers!