libmicrohttpd

[libmicrohttpd] issue with post processor callback function return value

From: Conor Lennon
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] issue with post processor callback function return value?
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2021 08:32:40 +0000

I'm working on porting an application that uses libmicrohttpd 0.9.63 to 0.9.72

The application does the following:
Calls MHD_create_post_processor, passing in a callback function.

That callback function takes in the posted values and does some validation.
If that validation fails, the callback function returns MHD_NO
Otherwise MHD_YES is returned

MHD_post_process is called
That results in the callback function being called.

With 0.9.63, when the callback function returns MHD_NO, MHD_post_process
returns MHD_NO
However, with 0.9.72 that is not happening.
I'm always seeing MHD_YES coming back from MHD_post_process

Is that expected?
Is this something I should investigate further on my side?

Looking at the libmicrohttpd tests, I can see that only the test_overflow
function in test_postprocessor.cĀ  checks the returnĀ  code of
MHD_post_process and that test always seems to return success, independent of
the MHD_post_process return value.

Regards,

Conor