libffcall

[bug #62422] vacall test fails with PIE-enabled GCC on RISC-V systems

From: Raymond Wong
Subject: [bug #62422] vacall test fails with PIE-enabled GCC on RISC-V systems
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 08:22:21 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Hi, I'm working on keywording libffcall for Gentoo Linux RISC-V. I'm working
on libffcall-2.4, my environment is Gentoo Linux RISC-V with lp64d profile on
a HiFive Unmatched, GCC 11.3.0.
The build.log was from Gentoo's portage system. I've checked that build from
source also has the same output.
When I follow README to build and test from source, make check would always
fail on vacall, as ld complains that it cannot relocate R_RISCV64_HI20 when
making a shared object.
I've done some troubleshooting, it seems that Gentoo Linux has GCC PIC/PIE
enabled by default. I can make it pass all the tests by appending "-no-pie"
flag in makefile, changing %hi/%lo pairs to %pcrel_hi/%pcrel_lo, or adding PIC
support by mimicking arm/armhf change from the 2.1 release.

File Attachments:

Date: Fri 06 May 2022 12:22:19 PM UTC  Name: build.log  Size: 73KiB   By:
infiwang

<http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/download.php?file_id=53179>