libextractor

Re: [libextractor] Compiling on OpenBSD 3.8

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [libextractor] Compiling on OpenBSD 3.8
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:19:48 -0700

On Sunday 09 April 2006 00:22, Chan Siu Ming wrote:
> Tried to compile 0.5.11 on OpenBSD 3.8. After some struggling compilation
> succeeded, but "make check" still fails. Anyway, some random notes: -
> libtool is good to have
> - OpenBSD doesn't have "-ldl", but in src/main/Makefile.am the dlflag
> variable (with "-ldl") is included pretty much forcibly

Should be fixed in SVN.

> - OpenBSD doesn't
> have EOVERFLOW. Maybe ERANGE could be used to convey the meaning? (in
> src/plugins/tarextractor.c)

Well, ERANGE may also not be defined everywhere. I just #ifdef EOVERFLOW to -1
(just needs to be not 0).

> - OpenBSD 3.8 doesn't have stdint.h and the
> stuff in exiv2 exv_conf.h doesn't work correctly for this (needs to #undef
> EXV_HAVE_STDINT_H), although in config.h HAVE_STDINT_H is #undeffed as it
> should. This is probably because #ifdef is used in types.hpp instead of #if

Fixed.

> - OpenBSD 3.8 also doesn't have CODESET in langinfo.h (used in about three
> places.) I'm not sure how to cleanly overcome this.

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ucs/langinfo.c might have a solution for this.
If you can test it and send a patch (that only changes things on OpenBSD),
I'll be happy to integrate it.

> - OpenBSD doesn't have
> strndup, but that was already fixed according to the ml

Right.

> - for some reason,
> convert.a is linked with a static version of libiconv.a, so that convert.a
> ends up containing convert.o and libiconv.a, which confuses the linker,
> because archives aren't supposed to contain other archives. Removed the
> ICONV stuff from convert_la_LDFLAGS in some Makefiles and it seemed to get
> past that.

Strange.  Not sure what a good fix for this would look like.  If you have any,
please let me know.  The other fixes are in SVN #2666 (and will be in the
next LE release).  I've also added the various "unresolved" issues to the
PLATFORMS file as comments about LE on OpenBSD.

Cheers!

Christian