libextractor

Re: [libextractor] Using iso-codes

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [libextractor] Using iso-codes
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:25:38 -0700

On Sunday 23 April 2006 06:53, Clytie Siddall wrote:
> Hello :)
>
> I'm your Vietnamese translator. I notice, while I'm updating
> libextractor, that you have added some more language names. Some of
> these, at least, are not the current, correct language names as
> stated in ISO-639.

I've fixed some of them.  Others (like "Swiss German") do not occur in the
file (at least not on my Debian system).

> To avoid having to try and keep up with names of languages and
> countries, I suggest that you use the iso-codes package as a plugin.
>
> I've mentioned this to other developers, and I suppose the reason
> it's not already universally implemented, is that people may not know
> the resource exists.

Right, I did not know about it.  I've changed LE to make use of the ISO
package and use translations from there where possible. However, for
languages not in ISO-639, the code continues to use LE's po file. If you look
at https://gnunet.org/svn/Extractor/src/plugins/wordleaker/wordextractor.cc
you can see that I used a new macro "__" (two underscores) for ISO-639
lookups, and the traditional "_" (one underscore) for LE PO file lookups.  I
hope this helps.

>>> Deleted some additional praise of the ISO-639 package <<<

> I hope this is useful. :)

Very ;-).  Please let me know if I missed something or could do something
better.  I've attached the updated libextractor.pot file (from subversion) so
that you can see what happened.

Cheers!

Christian