libextractor

[libextractor] Python bindings

From: Bader Lejmi
Subject: [libextractor] Python bindings
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 12:35:59 +0200

Hi,

I've written a mail asking for a python binding a year ago. Since it has
been released but never worked. Now it's packaged on major distributions
but still unusable. It's simply incomplete !
The extract.py file use an Extractor class which isn't defined in the C
binding...
Now I'm planning to write from scratch a python binding using pyrex. But
at this moment the better things to do is to remove it from the download
page because it does more harm than good. (During one complete year I
was expecting it to work, and blaming myself being too stupid to get it
work).
Asking the main distribution, including Debian, to remove it would be a
good initiative too.

Thank you,
Bader