libextractor

[libextractor] problems with python binding...

From: Bader Lejmi
Subject: [libextractor] problems with python binding...
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 15:45:38 +0200

hello,

I'm very excited with this new release of libextractor and its Python
biding support.
So I downloaded libextractor and tried to compile it with python binding
support.
They way I used to compile it is simple:
$ ./configure && make && sudo make install
so now let's give it a try:
$ cd src/main
$ python Extractor.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Extractor.py", line 31, in ?
    import _extractor
ImportError: No module named _extractor

even there is a /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/extractor.so
It doesn't give any useful API...
so, I think _extractor should have been built, but where is it ?

problem 2:
when libextractor0.5 will be packaged into Debian ?

thanks,
Bader

PS: pydoc extractor result in attachment