Re: Liberty-eiffel Digest, Vol 53, Issue 13

From: Eric Bezault
Subject: Re: Liberty-eiffel Digest, Vol 53, Issue 13
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 23:00:35 +0100

On 20/02/2022 22:30, Hans Zwakenberg wrote:
with this, I can fully agree, as far as using non-LE tools with LE.  I'd love
to be able to use Gelint with LE...

Having said that, if the Eiffel market leader decides to go another way, would
you want to have committed to following the market leader, merely to have a
compatible compiler?

LE has been dormant (to be honest, I thought it was dead) for 3 years.
During these years, the company I work for and some other users of Gobo
were still using ISE Eiffel. So yes, following the market leader was
the best choice.

Will it still be the best choice in 2 or 3 years from now?
Perhaps LE will be dead again by then. Perhaps ISE will decide to
go another way and therefore break the code of all its customers.
We'll see...

--
Eric Bezault
mailto:ericb@gobosoft.com