Re: Liberty-eiffel Digest, Vol 52, Issue 1

From: Paolo Redaelli
Subject: Re: Liberty-eiffel Digest, Vol 52, Issue 1
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2022 23:37:29 +0100

Il 06/01/22 22:40, Raphael Mack ha scritto:
What kind of redesign do you think about?

The main reason why the HTML pages are "beefy" is that they are
"human-readable" even when reading the HTML source. As long as the
webserver implements compression I think we may leave them the way
they
are.

We may want to provide a more modern/material/whatsoever styling, bu
I don't know. I had in mind, that we store an HTML file fore each
"point of view", but that seems not the case.

I had the exact same memory as you, one file per class per point of view, but I think it's one of the several hidden gems that Cyril Adrian crafted during his fruitful work.

  Having a separate html
for each class looks also great. So maybe it is true that a few CSS
changes could do the full trick. At least until we run into the
packaging issues again :-)

I feared that packaging were broken but today liberty-eiffel/work/packaging/build_packages.sh ran fine. I haven't tried to install the produced packages.