Re: Liberty-eiffel Digest, Vol 52, Issue 1

From: Raphael Mack
Subject: Re: Liberty-eiffel Digest, Vol 52, Issue 1
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2022 22:40:37 +0100

Am Donnerstag, dem 06.01.2022 um 16:11 +0100 schrieb Paolo Redaelli:
> Il 06/01/22 13:33, Raphael Mack ha scritto:
>
> > I am not even sure whether the "docs"
> > package is helpful at all... What do you think?
>
> Let's keep the doc package. Sometimes someone **will** be offline.
>
> They seem to build without error. It's no harm to leave them the way
> they are.

These days yes, but I don't know why and how long :-(

> > On the other side having the docs on the server seems meaningful to
> > me,
> > but also there a HTML redesign could be good - not only to reduce
> > the
> > size...
>
> What kind of redesign do you think about?
>
> The main reason why the HTML pages are "beefy" is that they are
> "human-readable" even when reading the HTML source. As long as the
> webserver implements compression I think we may leave them the way
> they
> are.
>
> We may want to provide a more modern/material/whatsoever styling, bu

I don't know. I had in mind, that we store an HTML file fore each
"point of view", but that seems not the case. Having a separate html
for each class looks also great. So maybe it is true that a few CSS
changes could do the full trick. At least until we run into the
packaging issues again :-)

> I'm by far not a CSS artist...

It's not necessary you to do that.