Re: Liberty-eiffel Digest, Vol 52, Issue 1

From: Raphael Mack
Subject: Re: Liberty-eiffel Digest, Vol 52, Issue 1
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2022 13:33:06 +0100

Am Donnerstag, dem 06.01.2022 um 09:17 +0100 schrieb Hans Zwakenberg:
> > What's interesting is that all those are really compressible,
> > packed
> > into a tar.xz those 449mb shrink to a mere 2,9Mb. As far as I can
> > say
> > these static pages could be **temporarily** acceptable.
>
> If these help files can be packed to less than 3 MB, wouldn't it be
> enough to only distribute the packed help file together with a front
> end that pulls the needed pages from the packed file on demand?

Is that worth the effort? - Did anyone of you look at offline
documentation in the last years? I am not even sure whether the "docs"
package is helpful at all... What do you think?

On the other side having the docs on the server seems meaningful to me,
but also there a HTML redesign could be good - not only to reduce the
size...

Rapha