Re: Noob First Post

From: Eric Bezault
Subject: Re: Noob First Post
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 14:07:13 +0100

Fixed formatting issue in my previous message:

On 27/11/2021 11:44, Paolo Redaelli wrote:
> And adding GTK support

Note that there is already support for GTK in EiffelVision2
(https://github.com/EiffelSoftware/libraries/tree/master/Src/library/vision2/implementation/gtk3).
So what would be nice is if Liberty Eiffel could support the
ECMA Eiffel dialect, or at least the parts that are often used
in third party Eiffel libraries. It would be so nice to be able
to use Eiffel libraries that already exist out there without
having to worry about what Eiffel compiler we use. This would
avoid duplicating the work and focus on new Eiffel libraries and
tools which are still missing.

For what the Gobo compiler is concerned, I put a lot of effort
to support the same Eiffel dialect as EiffelStudio, and to
make it use the same kernel library (EiffelBase), and the same
configuration files (ECF). That way it is much easier to reuse
Eiffel libraries which have been initially developed with
EiffelStudio. If we could to the same with Liberty Eiffel
it would be nice.

--
Eric Bezault
mailto:ericb@gobosoft.com