Re: Liberty-eiffel Digest, Vol 50, Issue 5

From: Eric Bezault
Subject: Re: Liberty-eiffel Digest, Vol 50, Issue 5
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 10:59:01 +0100

On 26/11/2021 10:18, Hans Zwakenberg wrote:
For what it's worth:  yesterday I installed GOBO on a Windows10 machine and am
now installing Liberty Eiffel on an old Celeron Debian system.  I'd be very
interested to see Liberty Eiffel come to life again.  Let's see where this is
going...

And I'd be interested in seeing Liberty Eiffel be closer
to the ECMA Eiffel dialect so that we could have Eiffel
libraries which could be used with all currently
supported Eiffel compilers. That would be nice, because
each Eiffel compiler has its pros and cons depending
on the kind of applications you want to build. So being
able to compile these applications with one compiler
or the other without a single line modification would
be of a great help in order to choose the best compiler
for the application at hand.

--
Eric Bezault
mailto:ericb@gobosoft.com