Re: Noob First Post

From: Oleg Terentiev
Subject: Re: Noob First Post
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 20:23:43 +0700

- все

Thank you for answer, Germán!

Your GUI looks good! I have some sources 2007 , where windows program uses SDL. Possible I will need to update SDL version in it. Your library also interesting! Can it works with graphics like jpg, png?
Gobo Eiffel is big: in the 2020 year I tried compile it on Raspberry PI (256 Mb RAM) - copmpiling process ate all memory with swap and crashed.

Now I have a problem: "Fatal error: Too many live types (the maximum is 32765)." How to fix it? Can anybody give me advices?
I did check it fast: germ sources has "ID_PROVIDER" from "id_provider.e", which uses INTEGER_16.  Probably I can change it to INTEGER_32 and rebuild Eiffel's binaries. Will it enought?
One more probles is how to regenerate (update) germ sources? I have found *.e mentions filenames in *.c and *.h, but I can't understand wich class is MAIN  and wich feature run it.

List has 297 *.e names.

SmartEiffel 2.1 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oluVnzswpKQxr2dyE0esGy-LNdJRVizs/view?usp=sharing
files list: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11sNtAhfQDi83Hq9vfMyGijpaWKR0uLuj/view?usp=sharing