Re: [Liberty-eiffel] EOL

From: Raphael Mack
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] EOL
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2018 21:08:43 +0100

Hello *,

I want to thank you Cyril for all your efforts you have put into
LibertyEiffel. It was always a pleasure to work with you.

For me it is not so much different, our feelings might be quite similar,
but still I have not yet decided to leave here. From my recent
contributions you might built your own impression about my personal
motivation. Nevertheless, I would like to stay around here on the list -
just in case someone is interested. And I will keep the ET and website
infrastructure up and running for the next couple of years. So I would
appreciate if Paolo or someone else would take the administrative lead
for the mailing list and the savannah project at GNU.

For me this journey here was (and is) a great experience where I learned
so much, that I am willing to support anyone in joining and experiencing
a great (the best!) programming language ever and also how a community
driven project can or cannot be handled.

Today I believe we have been missing a manager. - Not of the kind we all
know: brilliant technicians with a bit of luck and an important role in
a big company, but one that is focused on the personal needs of the
engineers actually doing the job. I myself am a technician with the
need, that someone cares about me but not with the skills to really care
about guys like me. But if someone here is interested in trying out
him/herself in this kind of "soft skill-thing" I can offer some guidance
from the eyes of one who needs to be cared about.

So be it the technical or management career you want to practice: here
is the opportunity, just get in contact with me, maybe privately.

Thanks for listening and best regards,
Rapha

--
WhatsApp? Nein aber XMPP/Jabber!