Re: [Liberty-eiffel] GNU was accepted for the Summer of Code 2016

From: Check Nyah
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] GNU was accepted for the Summer of Code 2016
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2016 09:59:16 +0100

Hello Ramack,

great to read about your interest for LibertyEiffel projects. I think it
is worth to register to the Liberty mailinglist [1] and continue the
technical things there.

 I have already joined the mailing list.

Maybe collect a bit more input and then come up
with a project proposal as a page in the LibertyEiffel wiki [2].

I am currently working on the proposal and will share it with you this week
As preparation you could take a look at the source base of the EDT
project [3] and check what could be reused (if at all). Also it would be
good to do some basic steps in Eiffel - here also feedback on what
should be improved to simplify the entry into this programming language
for newcomers (I expect, that you are not familiar with Eiffel). Finally
for an application you should convince us, that you will add value to
the project! So tell us about your Java knowledge and your interest in
the project, then we can also commit ourselves to help you in whatever
problem comes up.

Thank you for the information. I will get started on the code ASAP and let you know if anything comes up. I will like to know if you are regularly on IRC at #gnu so we could discuss better.

For the C11 conformance I think a bit more Eiffel experience is
necessary then for the Eclipse topic. But of course, one good question
can tell us more than 10kB copy-pasted code ;-)

Now it's up to you to tell who you are and find out what you want to
reach. We will guide you to find out how until you hand in the
application!

Hope to read from you soon!

Thank you very much for the feedback. Will do :-)

Cheers!
Nyah
--
"Homo Nosce Te Ipsum" --Delphi