Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Documentation of inherited features

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Documentation of inherited features
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 16:21:17 -0600

El sáb, 16-01-2016 a las 22:05 +0100, Paolo Redaelli escribió:
> Il 16/01/2016 20:10, Germán Arias ha scritto:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Many control in IUP have common attributes. For example BGCOLOR
> > (background color), but the consequences of this attributes can vary
> > from one control to another. So, even when the features are the same,
> > the documentation to these are different, but as far as I know there is
> > no way to "redefine" the documentation of one feature. So I appreciate
> > any suggestion about how deal with this.
> >
> > Germán
> Browsing a little into IUP documention I discovered that it has plenty
> of variadic calls. AFAICS it also offers non-variadic version of those
> functions.
> It's far easier to wrap non-variadic calls.
> You may also take a look in the wrappers directory: wrappers-generator
> could ease you, generating all the low-level eiffel classes.

I'm talking only of the documentation/description of features. For
example the description of EXPAND attribute at DetachBox say [1]:

"EXPAND (non inheritable): The default value is "YES"."

And for IupFill say [2]:

"EXPAND (non inheritable)(read-only): If User size is not defined, then
when inside a IupHbox/IupGridBox EXPAND is HORIZONTAL, when inside a
IupVbox EXPAND is VERTICAL. If User size is defined then EXPAND is NO."

The attribute is the same and is inherited from IUP_WIDGET (the ancestor
of all widgets). But the description and the consequences of its value,
are different for each widget.

Germán

[1] http://webserver2.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/iup/en/elem/iupdetachbox.html
[2] http://webserver2.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/iup/en/elem/iupfill.html