[Liberty-eiffel] Limited resources should perhaps leed to a feature free

From: Hans Zwakenberg | Ocean Consulting GmbH
Subject: [Liberty-eiffel] Limited resources should perhaps leed to a feature freeze?
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 08:34:11 +0200 (CEST)

> Zitat von Hans Zwakenberg | Ocean Consulting GmbH <address@hidden>:
> > noticing that thread safety is on the agenda again, I wondered whether the
> > implementation of SCOOP would be made easier if the Intel
> > CILK-library would be
>
> Quite interesting, for sure. But for now I think there are many
> interesting tasks in the "simple" (i. e. single-threaded) eiffel world
> open which we should finish one after the other. SCOOP is probably not
> one of the first 5 ;-(
>
> It is so sad, that time is no unlimited resource ;-)
>
> Rapha

Hi Rapha,

I agree, there are more pressing matters.  I provided the information as 'food for thought', not to suggest to work on it right away.   On the contrary, I'd rather suggest a complete feature freeze until all outstanding issues are solved, i.e. I'd suggest to not work on any new stuff before the open issues are out of the way...  I know it's hard to commit to that, as most programmers much prefer to do new stuff rather than to maintain existing code  ;)

cheers
Hans