Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Vision sufficiently dead?

From: Raphael Mack
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Vision sufficiently dead?
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 17:27:57 +0000

Vision is/was a (Smart)Eiffel library to create GUIs. It was part of the SmartEiffel-distribution and it was not imported into the liberty source tree. I did never take a very close look, but when I see the TODO-list it seems to be still a long way until it is really usable to create advanced well-looking GUIs.

Maybe one can compare the idea behind vision with swing in Java, but the implementation was not "finished".

Yes, there are interesting concepts and it would be very cool to have vision in Liberty, but without someone who has time and will to go for this big amount of work I fear it is not a good idea to import the sources...

Any volunteers?

Rapha

Zitat von address@hidden:

As someone new to Eiffel and it's ecosystem, what is/was vision?

--
Sent from my "smart" phone