[Liberty-eiffel] Fwd: GNUstep toolkit for Liberty

From: Paolo Redaelli
Subject: [Liberty-eiffel] Fwd: GNUstep toolkit for Liberty
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2014 21:56:37 +0200

It can be done since it is possible to sen messages to Objective C objects  from a "pure" C/C++ program.
In fact Eiffel is currently transcompiled to C, using C as a "portable assembler".
For the little I know of Objective C I shall admit that it is quite a "strange" request, yet it has already been made several times, according to
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20419042/pure-c-function-calling-objective-c-method
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1280017/how-to-call-an-objective-c-method-from-a-c-method
and many others.
A universal solution would be using objc_msgSend  ( https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/DOCUMENTATION/Cocoa/Conceptual/ObjCRuntimeGuide/Articles/ocrtHowMessagingWorks.html ) but it is a variadic call.
Variadic calls are usually tricky to correctly wrap in Eiffel since it is a strongly typed language.

Fear not, I'll dig the issue.
Have you considered Gtk or Qt?
Cheers