Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Build errors on Linux

From: Raphael Mack
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Build errors on Linux
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2014 01:19:06 +0200

Am Samstag, den 31.05.2014, 18:14 -0400 schrieb Mehul Sanghvi:
> What !! Now you tell me there is no 2 hour turnaround on answering
> questions !

only sometimes...

> I do understand OO principles.  I am not a wizard at Java.  What is
> JML ?

Java Modelling Langauge. A DbC extension for Java.

> I am familiar
> with Smalltalk, Objective-C (non-Mac), Scheme, Lisp, Ada, and many
> others.

So this is great, I guess you'll have fun with Eiffel.

> Years ago, [...] I found the Weiner book in a used book store,
> and my interested in Design by Contract was rekindled, and here I am.

Again: warm welcome!

> For me this is a hobby, so for now, the Weiner book will have to
> suffice.  My day job as a build engineer
> doesn't give me much room to experiment or use many languages.

It's a hobby for all of us. But so far I did not stop of dreaming to use
Eiffel once at work, too.

> I will most certainly look to the list to get help, and not expect
> answers in 2 hours or under ! :)

If you use IRC, I could try to be available there more often again...

So go for the book as an introduction. Although there are quite some new
features in the language since then it will help to to get started. I
also think that you lean most from doing it, so go for a small
application you'd like to build.

Rapha