Re: [Liberty-eiffel] generating the documentation

From: Raphael Mack
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] generating the documentation
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 11:07:45 +0200

Hello John,

thanks for your feedback. I just added the gc dependency for Fedora on
the Getting Started page. I guess this is not the only package required
by liberty on Fedora, could you try to provide a "full" list of packages
which are necessary?

eiffeldoc is not trivial to use, sorry for that. When you want to use
the "-prune" option to remove the boring parts of the compiler. E. g. to
generate docs only for your application, you might want to create a
loadpath.se which points to your src files and call
eiffeldoc -prune lib -prune tools -prune smarteiffel -prune tutorial
loadpath.se

"lib", "tools", "smarteiffel" etc. are tags from the [Loadpath]-section
in your ~/.config/liberty-eiffel/liberty.se

"-verbose" helps you to find the path you want to prune to remove those
classes you are not interested in.

"-remote" may also be interesting, which allows to give an external path
to existing docs.

and you'll probably need to give a js and css file. For
http://doc.liberty-eiffel.org/ we use somehting like

se doc -verbose -title Section:\\ liberty -short_title liberty
-wiki_prefix http://wiki.liberty-eiffel.org/ -menu_separator "\\|\\ "
-ariadne_separator "\\>\\ " -menu
http://www.gnu.org/software/liberty-eiffel/ "GNU" -menu
http://www.liberty-eiffel.org "Liberty\\ Eiffel" -menu
http://et.liberty-eiffel.org "Automated\\ Tests" -menu
http://wiki.liberty-eiffel.org "Wiki" -menu
https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/liberty-eiffel/ "Savannah\\ project"
-menu http://apt.liberty-eiffel.org "Debian\\ packages" -menu
http://doc.liberty-eiffel.org "Documentation"
-js /home/et/Liberty/resources/eiffeldoc/eiffeldoc.js
-css /home/et/Liberty/resources/eiffeldoc/eiffeldoc.css -prune test
-prune Local -remote liberty_core
http://doc.liberty-eiffel.org/api/libraries -remote smarteiffel
http://doc.liberty-eiffel.org/api/smarteiffel -remote tutorial
http://doc.liberty-eiffel.org/api/tutorial -remote liberty_extra
http://doc.liberty-eiffel.org/api/wrappers

I hope this helps for the first try and feel free to suggest
improvements on eiffeldoc or even to better: provide patches ;-)

Kind regards,
Rapha