Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Database access with Liberty

From: Cyril ADRIAN
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Database access with Liberty
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 09:33:30 +0100

Hi,

2014-01-26 Raphael Mack <address@hidden>
thanks for merging EDC into Liberty trunk. Currently it does not work as
is, due to the use of prefix "&" in ANY and in the EDC classes. To me it
looks like the "&" is more useful in EDC than in ANY. And in ANY it
actually prevents any used of & other than lazy_out. Is this really
worth it?

The problem is that Adler is out *with* this `&' operator in ANY. As we want to be better than SmartEiffel in that area, I'd rather not break the existing API.

Now there is an ongoing problem of either finding a good-looking operator or simplify a part of the EDC API. I'd rather do the latter but it's bound to take some time. Any ideas are welcome.

Cheers,

Cyril ADRIAN (from office)
To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example.

Get a signature like this. CLICK HERE.