[Liberty-eiffel] Wrapping libraries

From: Paolo Redaelli
Subject: [Liberty-eiffel] Wrapping libraries
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 10:53:08 +0100

Raphael wisely reminded me some days ago that development of wrappers is heavily undocumented.
I'm adapting a wrapping howto I started in my previous wrapping project.
You may read it at
http://wiki.liberty-eiffel.org/index.php/Wrapping_C_libraries
it's still a work in progress as it currently does not cover usage of wrappers-generator which ease a lot the task.

I'm also working on a specific tools (leggow) that will use the GObject Introspection Repository which are XML metadata (usually in /usr/share/gir-1.0/ ).
I started it because the output of gccxml cannot have all the meta data informations required to handle signals, callbacks and how to manage memory. Using GIR we could leverage the work already done for languages like Pyhton, Ruby, Mono and so on for dozens of libraries, including GDA 5 which Raphael (and me) needs for his project.