Re: [Liberty-eiffel] I dont agree with that error

From: José Bollo
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] I dont agree with that error
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 08:09:37 +0100

Le Mon, 06 Jan 2014 10:23:18 +0100,
Raphael Mack <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to investigate into this, but I don't yet understand the
> intention of the original commit which introduces the problem. Could
> you elaborate here? - Just reverting these changes would probably
> help to fix Josés compile issue, but Frederic (he is zen, right?)
> didn't add this check just for fun...

Hi, happy new year! Gute neue jahr! Buon anno!

I suspect that the targeted problem is the generic derivation for
constrained formal arguments. As you know, expanded (INTEGER for
example) can be used for instanciation of a constrained formal class of
a generic (HASHABLE or COMPARABLE for example). Then the question is
what feature to call ('hash_code' or 'infix "<"' for example). In the
precise case of repeated insert, no answer can be said! So this is why
zen enforced that rule. That's what I suspect.

Very very happy to see that you plan to work on that. Danke sehr.

José