[Liberty-eiffel] I dont agree with that error

From: José Bollo
Subject: [Liberty-eiffel] I dont agree with that error
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 21:57:14 +0100

Hi all,

I've tried to compile some of my work with adler but an error that
adler reaches is really painfull for me.

Look at the 2 classes FIELD and SAMPLE below.

class FIELD[X_] feature
    item: X_
    put(value: like item) is do item:=value ensure item=value end
end

class SAMPLE1
insert
    FIELD[INTEGER] rename item as value, put as put_value end
    FIELD[INTEGER] rename item as seed, put as put_seed end
creation make
feature
    make is do
        put_seed(5)
        next print(value.out+"%N")
        next print(value.out+"%N")
        next print(value.out+"%N")
        end
    next is do
        put_value(seed #+ 1)
        put_seed(seed #* 19 #+ -45)
        end
end

It works very well with SmartEiffel but adler doesn't want to compile
it. It argues that at least one conforming path must exist. Why? I
can't agree. From ECMA page 94, the validity rule VMRC also disagree.

So Why? What is the good reason that I don't know?

Regards
José